Europe: A Museum or an Investment Opportunity
A Summit organized by Italy & Destinazione Italia
Italy Meets the United States of America Series
US and Europe are intertwined economies. EU remains the largest economic area ww, GDP US$ 17 trillion in 2012, according to the IMF. In 2011, US corporations worldwide turnover was US$ 5.5 trillion, Europe accounted for 47%, weighting twice as much as the Asia/Pacific region. European companies turnover in the US was US $ 1.9 trillion. During the same year US assets in Europe were esteemed at US $12 trillion, 57% of total US assets in the world. European assets in the US were US $ 8.6 trillion. The Transatlantic Trade & Investment Partnership — TTIP– negotiations’ implications will be significant. A recent study estimates that TTIP will support more than 740,000 new US jobs, American households stand to gain $865 annually, $720 for the European counterpart.
New York, Feb 28 2014
8:00 – 8:20 Registration and Welcome Coffee
8:30 – 9:30 USA and Europe geopolitical and economic perspective, TTIP Challenges and Opportunities
- Gary Hart, Chairman State Department’s International Security Advisory Board
- Vali Nasr, Dean John Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies
- Antonio Tajani, European Union Vice President, Commissioner for Industry and Entrepreneurship
- David H. Thorne, Senior Advisor To The Secretary Of State, former US Ambassador to the Republic of Italy and the Republic of San Marino
9:35 – 10:30 Italy: what has changed because of the crisis, the opportunity for investment
- Maximo Ibarra, CEO Wind Telecomunicazioni S.p.A.
- Marco Magnani, Senior Research Fellow, Harvard Kennedy School of Government
- Federica Olivares, CEO Edizioni Olivares
- Ippolita Rostagno, Founder and Creative Director Ippolita
10:45 – 11:30 Italy’s reforms, stability, predictability. Talking to an experienced investor
- Domenico Arcuri, CEO Invitalia
- Vittorio Umberto Grilli, former Minister of Economy & Finances of the Republic of Italy
- Alessandro Castellano, CEO SACE
- Ralph Schlosstein, President & CEO Evercore Group LLC
11:35 – 12:45 The CEOs perspective on growth and lessons learned
- Gregory C. Case, President & CEO AON plc
- Fulvio Conti, CEO & General Manager Enel S.p.A.
- Claudio Del Vecchio, Chairman & CEO Brooks Brothers Group, Inc.
- Fabrizio Freda, President and CEO Estée Lauder Companies, Inc.
- Eric A. Spiegel, President & CEO Siemens Corporation USA
- Daniel R. Wegman, President & CEO Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Fareed Zakaria, CNN, will moderate
Venue: 10 On the Park at Time Warner Center North Tower, 10th Floor 60 Columbus Circle New York, NY